- All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of oil, grease or dirt.
- Any existing coating must be checked for good adhesion. Any loosely adhered coating must be removed.
- All nail holes should be filled with a water-based filler. Sand the filler back prior to coating.
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED or STAINED TIMBER: Remove all loose material then refer to application instructions below.
PREVIOUSLY VARNISHED TIMBER: Sand back to bare timber then refer to application instructions below.
COLOURED COATED SURFACES: TimberEffects GP Primer should be used first to improve adhesion and also provide a uniform background.
- Stir well before and during use with a broad flat paddle.
- Apply using a good quality applicator pad or paint brush in one horizontal direction only, laying off in the same direction.
- Brisk, uniform application is essential to maintain a wet edge, especially in hot weather.
- Application commenced on a single area must be uninterrupted.
3. Drying Time
- Allow 2 hours to dry.
- The product will leave some brush marks with darker and lighter shades upon drying, giving it unique TimberEffects.
- After the first coat of TimberEffects has been allowed to dry, apply second coat of TimberEffects.
Up to 12 square metres per litre depending on the porosity and application technique.
Apply a minimum of 2 coats.
Thinning is not usually required except on hot days when 50ml of Hot Weather Thinner per one litre is recommended.
- Please refer to Bondall’s website for preparation instructions for FIBRE CEMENT, MDF, COLORBOND & LAMINATE
- Drying may take longer if the weather is cold or humid.
- Thinning not required when spraying.
- Wash your equipment in fresh water with a drop of detergent.
- Rinse in clean water.
- Seal washings and unwanted leftovers and dispose of responsibly.
- Store out of reach of children
- Skin: wash the area well with running water
- Eyes: flush the eye with running water for several minutes, contact your doctor
- Breathing: use in a well ventilated area; when spraying, use a suitable respirator
- Swallowed: drink water, do not induce vomiting and contact your doctor or the Poison Information Centre on 13 11 26